Building & Events Manager
24 hours/week, (T-Th 9am-3pm, plus six flex hours)
Christ on Capitol Hill (COCH) is seeking candidates for the position of Building & Events Manager. This is a part-time 24-hour per week, primarily on-site position, with only limited remote flexibility. This position is responsible for office hour coverage (Tuesday-Thursday, 9am-3pm), as well as up to six hours of event coverage outside these core weekly hours per week. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, collaborative, flexible, and people-focused. Applicants for this role should have demonstrated experience managing facilities and events, as well as familiarity with church and/or non-profit organizations.
COCH is a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous, or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities. We strive to create a positive working environment that supports healthy boundaries and work-life balance.
- Act as Primary Liaison to Building Partners: responsible for communications, leases/invoices, mail pick-up/drop-off, and property concerns including safety, repairs, custodial, and pest control.
- Act as Primary Liaison to Apartment Tenant; navigate partnership with LSS for all lease paperwork, rental payment, and new tenant placement as needed.
- Act as Kitchen Manager: collaborate with Lead Kitchen Partner, Shobi’s Table, to ensure all kitchen needs are met; provide training and orientation to new Kitchen Partners; oversee kitchen schedule, storage assignments, contracts, and invoices; maintain food safety guidelines and licensure; recruit new kitchen partners through marketing and promotion
- Oversee building maintenance and operations in cooperation with the Property Team; including keys/security, safety inspections, and repairs. Support major building improvement projects as needed
- Manage all building vendors, including custodial
- Order building supplies
- Support and operate technology systems including WiFi, phones, and security/intercom system
- Support Communications & Office Administrator position, acting as primary office coverage during Thursday business hours, answering phones and greeting visitors
- Oversee building events schedule and logistics (congregational events, internal building partner events, and external organization rentals)
- Responsible for all event rental communication, including providing rental quotes, contracts, and invoices
- Provide on-site support for legislative and other major events; coordinate tech and sound team as needed
- Recruit event rentals through marketing and promotion
- Act as Person-in-Charge or Event Kitchen Manager for event rentals as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Workspace
- Ability to market facilities and rental space to build revenue by recruiting long-term partners and event rentals
- Demonstrated experience in managing facilities and events
- Food Safety Manager Certification; training will be provided for candidates who do not already possess this certification
- Experience in a non-profit or church environment is preferred
Compensation: $20-$24/hour, commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8, 2023.