Christ Lutheran Church on Capitol Hill is seeking a Kitchen Coordinator to manage the church’s commercial kitchen for the purpose of both church-based ministries and community partnerships. The Abundance Kitchen exists to provide a professional food prep space in the heart of the Capitol neighborhood and to support ministries that feed neighbors. In addition to the congregation’s own ministries, the kitchen is used by both short-term and long-term renters, food ministries and events adjacent to the State Capitol.
We’re looking for someone who can independently manage and help shape the mission of the Abundance Kitchen. Our ideal candidate is experienced supervising a commercial kitchen in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health requirements, effective in working collaboratively with teams and individuals from diverse backgrounds, and creates an atmosphere that is welcoming and relationship-driven for all users of the kitchen space.
- Keeping kitchens clean, equipped, and stocked
- Maintaining procedures and guidelines for use of the kitchen, and training partners to ensure that they understand and follow the expectations
- Marketing and promoting the kitchen space to potential partners
- Scheduling and coordinating with kitchen partners to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Working with the congregation community and leadership to refine and develop the mission and use of the kitchen
The position is 25% time (10 hours/week on average) and pays $18-20/hour. For a full description click here.
Send cover letter & resume to Jean at email@example.com