The Ark and the Temple
Join in for Godly Play at 11 a.m. Saturday, November 7, via Zoom (link below).
Are you watching at a different time? Here are the “wondering” prompts that you can use at home as a family after seeing the video below:
- I wonder what part of the story you like best?
- I wonder what part is the most important?
- I wonder where you are in the story or what part of the story is about you?
- I wonder if there is any part of the story we can leave out and still have all the story we need?
- If the temple is gone and no one can find the ark, I wonder where the Ten Best Ways are kept today?
When you go to Jerusalem today, the temple is gone. It was destroyed when the People of God were taken into exile. It was rebuilt but destroyed again and rebuilt again in Jesus’ time by Herod. In 70 A.D. Herod’s temple was destroyed by the Roman army. Only pieces are left today.
Zoom link details:
You shouldn’t need these but just in case:
Meeting ID: 896 6286 2330
Featuring stories from The Complete Guide to Godly Play (Volume 2) by Jerome W. Berryman.